Kenneth L. Moes, Of Counsel
Ken Moes is “of counsel” to the firm after more than 45 years as a civil trial attorney. Having served as lead counsel in more than 100 jury and major court trials involving a wide variety of business, professional, tort and probate matters, Mr. Moes now applies his wealth of legal knowledge and experience as a mediator, litigation strategist and consultant to select clients and other attorneys, and as an expert witness regarding legal standard-of-practice issues.
- Mr. Moes has litigated almost every imaginable type of tort claim, as well as major disputes involving contract, tax, and business issues.
- Has handled numerous appellate cases, including a matter before the California Supreme Court in which he established new law regarding the competence of a person under conservatorship to enter into binding contracts.
- Representation of one of California’s largest law firms in the trial of a complex business merger/tax loss case.
- Substantial expertise in insurance law, including coverage and insurance “bad faith” matters. He tried the California test case for one major insurer, establishing the effectiveness of the carrier’s “pollution exclusion” clause.
- Well known in the legal community for his representation of attorneys in the entire spectrum of professional negligence litigation, including consultations with and representations of numerous Santa Barbara law firms.
- Frequently engaged as an expert witness on the standard of practice for attorneys.
- In the area of product liability, he has represented manufacturers in a wide range of suits, including vehicle roll-over cases, escalator and elevator injury matters, and litigation arising from the explosion of a valve in a space launch complex.
(805) 966-7000 DIRECT
- California State Bar. Business Law
- American Board of Trial Advocates (Advocate Rating)
- William L. Gordon Chapter of The American Inns of Court, Founding Member and Past President
- Martindale Hubbell (AV Rating)
- University of Southern California, J.D.
- University of Southern California, B.A.